Your checklist for a hassle free holiday
BEFORE your stay
- check the expiration date of your passport and double check the visa requirements!
- make sure your bank let you use your credit cards in South Africa
- please do not forget the downpayment for your stay
- book a rental car
- book a taxi
- book a seat in the amazing restaurants ahead of your stay!
- if you like read our information folder which we put in the rooms in advance – you will get the short form explained by Ellen at your arrival
- tell us at which time you will arrive to SUNSET LOFT to make sure that we are here to welcome you
There is a Nespresso machine in the kitchen. We highly recommend the capsules from Coco Safar – a place we love! They have their own variety of amazing coffees and the capsules are compostable and biodegradable – good coffee for you plus doing good for the environment. :-) And in case you don’t like capsules, we do have a fabulous “old-fashioned” coffeemaker as well. ;-)
In South Africa you will need a special adapter for your electronic devices. Our rooms in SUNSET LOFT are all equipped with adapters but if you plan to travel around don’t forget to take a plug-in adapter with you!
Don’t forget your thick wetsuit! Even in the summer months from November until March the water around the Cape is freezing cold. ;-)
DURING your stay
Everything you need for a hassle free holiday:
Ellen will welcome you and explain everything you need to know in and around the house
- you can park your car outside but don’t leave any valuables in the car
- the small garage is for your sports equipment
- the cushions for the sunbeds are in the box behind the garage
- braai is fun and a South African tradition – help yourself with wood
- we have towels for the room, the garden and the beach
- every room has its space in the fridge and in the shelves
- you will get a remote for the gate and for the alarm
Some more things:
- if you like something say it immediately and don’t wait until the last day of your stay :-)
- if you don’t like anything don’t wait neither – just speak to us and we will do our best!
- if you buy something in SA you could declare VAT at the airport (14%) on the way home
AFTER your stay
Before you leave we would like to give you a quick checklist for your departure:
- take all your things with you from the safe and leave the safe open please
- make sure that you have settled all open invoices with us :-)
- if you go to the airport make sure you consider the rush hours in Cape Town. (06.00 – 09.00 and 16.00 – 18.00)
- if you need a taxi call: +27 21 44 84444 or use UBER (we love it!)
- if there is nobody for a last hug in the house please close all doors and the gate and throw the key into the post box
More useful links and telephone numbers
LINKS you might like
- Windsurf equipment: Bay Sport
- Kite equipment: Cabrinha
- Kite course: Best Kite
- Board repair: Atlantic Surf
- Sail/Kite repair: Second Wind Sails
What’s on in the city
|All emergencies from a national and international mobile phone||112|
|All emergencies from a landline||107|
|Alarm | Crimewatch securities||+27 (0) 21 552 1717|
|Police Services||+27 (0) 21 528 3800|
|Medi-Clinic Milnerton (5 min from the house)||+27 (0) 21 529 9299|
|Taxi (airport R 300 / city R 150)||+27 (0) 21 448 4444|
|Ellen||+27 (0) 73 612 0300|
|Manager||+27 (0) 74 803 8739|
|Bus stop||700 m|
|Shopping and restaurants/ ATM||750 m|
|Canal Walk (Shopping Center)||5 km|
|Restaurants Tableview||5 km|
|Cape Town Center||15 km|
In case you want to spoil your body and soul with an amazing bodywork treatment:
We highly recommend our dear friend Jani Roodt: www.janiroodt.com.
For an appointment whatsapp or call +27 82 802 6110 or send her an email email@example.com.
And in case you want to see a TCM practitioner / acupuncturist we have another dear friend that we can highly recommend:
Dr. Lulu Beyers who is the founder and owner of The White Lotus Wellness Center: www.whitelotus.co.za.
For an appointment call +27 21 42 20 011 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.